no place for hate
how do you say "I love you" to your kids?
Last year we wanted to make Valentine’s Day a little bit sweeter, so we asked parents “How do you say ‘I love you’ to your kids?” The resulting sweetness was so touching that this year we felt the need to share some our favorite responses.
Here are our favorites from last year:The answers ranged from hugs, smiles, kisses and other gestures to singing out “I love you a bushel and a peck” from Guys and Dolls. But at the center of every response was a clear demonstration of the power and importance of simply letting your child know that you love them unconditionally.
- I love you proudly and infinitely.
- I love you like mint chocolate chip ice cream, with oreos and chocolate fudge on top.
- I love you a bushel and a peck
- I love you more than anything in the whole wide world!
- I love you from here to the moon, the planets, the sun and the stars.
- I love you to the moon, the stars, the sky and back.
- I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always. As long as I'm living my baby you'll be.
- I love you with a smile, a laugh, a warm look, or my gentle words... but always with my whole heart.
And of course, we are hoping to hear more gems from you – how do YOU say “I love you” to your child? How did your parents say it to you? Leave a comment here. Share the sweetness with the hashtag #love4kids on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Google+, and we’ll compile the responses in one place.
If you are looking for other ways to show your child your love, check out this great list.
Have a happy and sweet Valentine’s Day!