wishing you a happy and healthy 2018
help prevent child hot car deaths
Since 1998, over 700 children in the U.S. have died from heatstroke after being left in a vehicle, according to NoHeatStroke.org. More than half of these instances involved a caregiver "forgetting" the child in the car. Nearly a third of the cases were a child playing in a vehicle unattended.
Please join us in spreading the word to parents and caregivers that this can happen to anyone, but it can also be prevented. The graphic below shares 10 important ways that each of us can help stop child hot car deaths. Share it broadly. Visit childrenstrustma.org/nefam for graphics, posters, and other tools to stop preventable child hot car deaths.