The Children’s Trust is on a mission to stop child abuse in Massachusetts. We give parents the tools and resources to build self-confidence and gain lifelong skills to ensure children grow up safe and healthy. Our proven programs reflect a fierce commitment to empowering families at the earliest stages and prove the vicious cycle of reoccurring abuse can be stopped.
Reporting to the Chief Marketing & Advancement Officer, the Manager of Donor Relations & Stewardship is integral to increasing revenue by broadening and deepening our network of supporters.
This individual will be responsible for developing and managing a comprehensive donor relations, stewardship, recognition, and retention program in support of the Development efforts of the organization. They will collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to determine the best strategies for effective stewardship across all donor channels, creating a gratifying gift experience for all donors. This role is also responsible for managing donor prospecting and lead generation strategies and activities, working in partnership with leadership on implementation to help grow our stakeholder base.
- Partner with the Development Team to develop effective, customized stewardship strategies for individuals, corporations, and foundations
- Engage with and support the Development and Leadership Teams in the fundraising process by managing all stewardship and recognition programs, providing excellent relationship management and prompt follow up
- Recommend appropriate cultivation and solicitation strategies and timing for donor and prospect visits, debrief, and manage follow up activity
- Partner with the Development Team to develop and implement practices to track and document all donor information and activity in donor database accurately and comprehensively
- Work collaboratively and strategically with the Development Team, as well as the Leadership Team and Board of Directors, to plan, organize, and execute donor events and engagement opportunities
- Partner closely with the Development and Communications Teams to support production of creative and relevant content for both donor-related mass communications and individualized communications
- Evaluate various gift opportunities and giving vehicles, and recommend the most suitable for a particular donor
- Manage execution of opportunities, when appropriate
- Collaborate with team members to ensure the timely and accurate completion of routine work such as gift acknowledgements, solicitation and cultivation mailings, and event invitations
- Interact with internal stakeholders to develop and implement prospect strategies and gift ideas, shape and finalize gift proposals, and produce timely and meaningful stewardship
- Assist with the strategy for, and creation of, written correspondence from various Leadership Team members to donors
- Oversee the proper acknowledgement of donations by drafting thank-you letters, greeting cards, memos, newsletters, reports, and making timely touch points
- Become proficient at all aspects of the organization’s donor database, including but not limited to maintaining comprehensive and accurate communication records with donors
- Track and analyze responses to donor outreach to gain insights and achieve greater impact with subsequent outreach
- Stay current with fundraising trends including, but not limited to, data management software, research methodologies, and stewardship best practices
- Manage leads research to inform prospect and donor cultivation plans, to include a wide range of donor types from individuals to institutions
- Support the development of strategies for high-priority stakeholder groups, collecting existing insights and gaining new insights where possible to inform these strategies
- Support the development of a framework for identifying, tracking, and assessing new revenue generation opportunities to determine which opportunities to pursue
- Work with Development team members to assess leads and opportunities, develop recommendations, and identify roles and responsibilities to execute opportunities pursued
- Work with the Development Team, Leadership Team, and Board of Directors to develop a strategy and build a pipeline for prospects from outside of the organization’s existing donor pool
- With support from the Development Associate, provide background research and materials that will support the development of individual, corporate, and foundation donations
- 3 - 5 years of relevant experience.
- Prior donor stewardship and database operations experience with a solid understanding of the donor lifecycle.
- Ability to develop and maintain long-term relationships with donors and prospects.
- Strong organizational skills; proven experience in project management.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, while paying careful attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrated ability to research, access, and organize information about donors, foundations, corporations, and other funding opportunities.
- Ability to handle sensitive information in a confidential manner and to tactfully negotiate and resolve conflicts, maintain confidentiality, and to respect and observe organizational protocol.
- Sound judgment and strong decision-making ability.
- Ability to communicate clearly, professionally, and persuasively.
- Ability to quickly learn and retain content knowledge.
- Eagerness to work collaboratively in a team-oriented and goal-driven environment.
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills to analyze data and understand its relationship to the overall fundraising objectives and ability to provide a written assessment.
- Proficiency with relevant technology (MS Office - Word, Excel, PowerPoint; database and Project Management tools, etc.).
How to Apply:
Please apply at the MassCareers Job Opportunities website.