The Children’s Trust is on a mission to stop child abuse in Massachusetts. We give parents the tools and resources to build lifelong skills and gain self-confidence to ensure children grow up safe and healthy. Our proven programs reflect a fierce commitment to empowering families at the earliest stages and prove the vicious cycle of reoccurring abuse can be stopped. We are seeking an individual for the Director of Foundation and Corporate Relations position to join our team and help make a difference for children in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director of Foundation and Corporate Relations will be responsible for identifying, securing, and stewarding grants from private foundations, corporations, and public sources to support the programs of the Massachusetts Children’s Trust. The Director of Foundation and Corporate Relations will conduct research, develop grant proposals, complete grant reports, and prepare supplemental materials as needed. The individual in this position will work collaboratively with the Director of Advancement and program staff to maintain the Children’s Trust’s current portfolio of grant funders, identify new sources of support, maintain an annual grant management schedule, and help to achieve the fundraising priorities of the Children’s Trust.
Detailed Statement of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides leadership regarding the planning, development, and administration of foundation funding for programs.
- Writes, edits, and proofreads proposals and reports to funders that display meticulous grammar and spelling.
- Identify potential foundation and corporate donors (e.g., charitable gifts outside of traditional grants, such as cause marketing campaigns, community benefit programs, multi-year program sponsorships and partnerships) for solicitation; determines appropriate targets and outlines plans for implementation.
- The Director must develop a thorough understanding of the Children’s Trust’s programs and partnerships and interface closely with program staff to prepare proposals.
- Ensures timely grant proposals and report submissions.
- Informs potential contributors of any special needs of the organization and encourages foundations and corporations to establish or contribute to special funds through endowments, trusts, campaigns, events, and gifts-in-kind.
- Maintains computer-based tracking system for foundation-related contacts including proposals, proposal deadlines, reporting needs, and implementation action items.
- Tracks and facilitates foundation and corporate contacts with members of the Children’s Trust Board of Directors.
- Develops and executes cultivation and stewardship plans for current and prospective funders.
- Prepares and works with the Finance Department to submit financial budgets for foundation grants and other funding proposals (e.g., cause marketing campaigns, community benefit programs, multi-year program sponsorships, and partnerships).
- Assesses marketplace and competition for contributions, including evaluation of awarded proposals and opportunities to strengthen the Children’s Trust’s submissions.
- Forecasts and prioritizes potential funding based on past performance, anticipated success, and strategic organizational priorities in seeking new funding.
- Monitors recording of contributions and related financial activities for accuracy and reporting purposes.
- Assists in donor research, engagement, and relationship-building efforts.
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of five years of experience in foundation relations/fundraising is preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills; excellent organizational skills; and superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with computer tracking systems required along with a demonstrated ability to work under pressure of multiple deadlines.
- Understanding of the process for research funding.
- Ability to be an essential team player.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, as well as donor relationship software (e.g., Kindful).
- Strong commitment to the mission of the Children's Trust.
How to Apply:
Please apply at the MassCareers Job Opportunities website.