The Children’s Trust is on a mission to stop child abuse in Massachusetts. We give parents the tools and resources to build lifelong skills and gain self-confidence to ensure children grow up safe and healthy. Our proven programs reflect a fierce commitment to empowering families at the earliest stages and prove the vicious cycle of reoccurring abuse can be stopped. We are seeking an individual for the Development Operations Assistant position to join our team and help make a difference for children in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
As a member of the Advancement team, the Development Operations Assistant will play an integral role at the Children’s Trust (CT) by fulfilling daily operational and administrative duties. The Development Operations Assistant will report to the Executive Director and work closely with Director of Advancement, as well as the Advancement team. The position will actively support a range of responsibilities including reporting, scheduling, outreach and correspondence, donor relations, proposal development, and event coordination. The ideal candidate will possess superior organization, time management, and communication skills, as well as the ability to be part of a collaborative team-oriented environment. The position will require that the individual be flexible, adaptable and is thoughtful in decision-making.
Detailed Statement of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the schedule and prioritize the various daily responsibilities of the Director of Advancement.
- Assist the Director of Advancement with preparing for meetings with donors and prospective donors, board members, and volunteers.
- Provide administrative support to members of the Advancement team, including special event coordination and organizing materials for funding proposals, as needed.
- Interface with board members and volunteers and serve as a point of contact for various external partners and funders.
- Assist in a variety of capacities with the execution of special events, which typically include: Annual Gala, Fatherhood Event, private house parties, and other fundraising and engagement events. Such assistance may include preparing event briefings, managing invitations and registration, procuring catering and decorations, and appropriate follow-up and acknowledgement.
- Prepare, edit, and coordinate communications between internal departments and staff and with external partners. Organize and distribute materials, reports, presentations, marketing collateral, and mailings.
- Facilitate booking and use of conference and meeting spaces, both internal and external
- Assist the Director of Advancement with any necessary travel and arrangements.
- Light accounting and data entry duties including expense reporting, donor visit reports, record management, and procurement of purchases.
- Assist with organizing research and pertinent information on donors and potential donors, including individuals, private foundations, and corporations.
- Anticipate, identify, and address the needs of team members and proactively seek appropriate resources to support them.
- Assist in prioritizing and following-up on requests and questions from current and potential donors.
- Provide backup support to the Executive Assistant to the Executive Director, as needed.
- 3-5 years’ executive level administrative experience.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Highly detail oriented.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and to meet deadlines.
- Ability to assist with concerns involving sensitive and/or confidential information.
- Nonprofit and development experience preferred.
- Ability to work independently in fast paced environment and multi-task in a thoughtful and timely fashion.
- Comfortable working under pressure, at times, and accommodating last-minute changes and deadlines.
- Adaptable team player who enjoys working in a collaborative environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, Google Suite platforms, and donor databases.
- Strong commitment to the mission of the Children's Trust.
How to Apply:
Please apply at the MassCareers Job Opportunities website.