The Children’s Trust is on a mission to stop child abuse in Massachusetts. We give parents the tools and resources to build self-confidence and gain lifelong skills to ensure children grow up safe and healthy. Our proven programs reflect a fierce commitment to empowering families at the earliest stages and prove the vicious cycle of reoccurring abuse can be stopped. We are seeking a Development Associate to join our team and help make a difference for children in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
As a member of the Development team, the Development Associate will play an integral role at the Children’s Trust (CT) by fulfilling strategic operational and administrative duties, with a focus on the management of CT’s donor database, gift processing, donor research, and stewardship. The Development Associate will work collaboratively with the Development team and report to the Chief Operating Officer. Additional collaboration with the Marketing and Fiscal Teams is needed. The position will actively support the management, measurement, and analysis of the movement of prospects and donors through the fundraising cycle. The Development Associate will work closely with development staff to provide information from the database for prospect and portfolio management, research, event administration, and grant administration in order to build and strengthen constituent relationships. This position requires superior organization, time management, and communication skills, as well as the ability to be part of a collaborative team-oriented environment.
- Database Management, Reporting, Gift Processing.
- Support all gift processing, including gift entry, acknowledgment, and reconciling.
- Work with a variety of gift channels: PayPal, Benevity, Stripe, Facebook, etc.
- Adhere to policies and procedures that ensure the efficient use of the Customer Relations Management (CRM) database, Kindful.
- Facilitate data entry and actions necessary for the successful conversion of constituent records to the Kindful database platform.
- Work with the Finance Department to reconcile gift transactions on a monthly basis, or as needed.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, etc. financial, and analytical reports, as well as mailing lists, recognition lists, and other data queries, as requested. Provide detailed analytical reports from the database (e.g., dashboards) that inform the Director of Advancement, Development team, and management of progress and achievement toward Development’s goals.
Prospect Research and Management:
- Support and facilitate the gift acknowledgement process for individual, corporate, and foundation donors in collaboration with the Director of Advancement, the Development Team, and senior management.
- Create accurate and timely research using biographical information, financial data, news, and philanthropic history to identify and develop prospective major individual, foundation, and corporate donors, while adhering to professional standards of privacy and confidential information.
- Assist the Development team with managing and monitoring prospect engagement, portfolio development, and philanthropic interests and activity.
- Utilize public search tools and proprietary software, such as SEC filings, real estate filings, DonorSearch, and foundation 990s, to continually research and validate wealth, giving capacity, inclination, and personal information of current and prospective donors.
- Assist with donor engagement via phone calls, personalized correspondence, event participation, and other constituent communication(s). Actively support Development-related events, including interacting and communicating with donors and prospects in a support role, as needed.
- Work with the Executive Director and Director of Advancement to support the board of directors and Development activities.
- Develop donor and prospect briefings, profiles, and other materials necessary to facilitate meetings, personal visits, proposals, and gift solicitations.
- Work in collaboration with the Development Operations and Events Officer to track and confirm event pledges, donations, sponsorships, invoices, and other information as needed.
- Ensure accurate entry and processing of event donations, invoices, and receipts and proper and timely recognition of donors.
- Develop analytical skills and proficiency with query techniques and tools used to modify, retrieve, manipulate, and report on information stored.
- 3+ years of experience with information management of prospect relationship data in a CRM database and prospect management systems. Experience with Kindful, Raiser’s Edge, or a similar relational database required.
- Demonstrate overall knowledge of philanthropy, fundraising processes and prospect development initiatives including prospect identification techniques, research practices and prospect management.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of donor and other highly sensitive information.
- Ability to respond to a broad spectrum of high priority and ad hoc requests and provide high-level customer service, while maintaining a solutions-oriented mindset.
- Must have a sense of initiative and inquisitiveness, be a strategic, creative thinker with excellent prioritization and multi-tasking skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and solid mathematical ability with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to remain flexible and adaptable to new programs, policies and demands in an emerging and changing environment.
How to Apply:
Please apply at the MassCareers Job Opportunities website.