dads rock: nurturing father engagement
Children's Trust programs are informed by rigorous research and driven by data and evaluation.
Evaluations show that our evidence-based programs:
- reduce the use of corporal punishment
- increase parents' understanding of appropriate parenting skills and effective, non-violent discipline techniques
- reduce parents' risky behaviors, such as alcohol and drug abuse
- reduce participants' parenting stress, a risk factor for child abuse and neglect
- promote better health outcomes for the most vulnerable mothers and babies
- promote co-parenting relationships that actively involve fathers
- increase educational achievement for parents, paving the way toward self-sufficiency
- increase the likelihood that children are on track developmentally
- decrease homelessness
- decrease maternal depression
- enhance family support practice across Massachusetts through evidence-based trainings focused on the most current research
Our work leads to safer children in stable families, reducing the social, health, and education costs for the entire Commonwealth.