in honor of the great martin luther king, jr.
have a safe and happy fourth of july!
cookouts, fireworks, swimming, sun, and more.
Summer is officially here! The Children's Trust wants all families to have a safe and happy Fourth of July.
Here are a few safety tips:
- Sixty percent of all firework injuries occur in the thirty days surrounding the fourth of July. Do not purchase or display illegal fireworks. Enjoy professional firework displays put on by local fire departments and towns.
- Never leave a child alone in or around cars. Keep those closest to you close at all times.
- Always have an adult present when children are swimming. Whenever possible choose beaches and pools that are lifeguard patrolled.
- Pay special attention to small children when they are around grills and fire pits. Create an adults only-zone around grills and keep children at least two feet away from open fires.
- Apply sunscreen to the whole family and make sure everyone drinks plenty of water.