in honor of the great martin luther king, jr.
Marketing Communications Intern
Join the Marketing Communications Team at the Children’s Trust for a rewarding summer internship. We are a passionate team of doers and thinkers who are determined to stop child abuse in Massachusetts and empower parents to raise healthy families. We are looking for a creative, insightful, and tech-savvy communications intern who thrives on making a difference. If you are curious, flexible, self-motivated, like data, and care about the most effective ways to spread the word, then please contact us!
In this role, you will be an integral part of the Marketing Communications Team, working closely with team members, supporting other functional areas, participating in meetings, assisting in planning and operations, and working on key projects to help meet marketing and communications goals.
You will gain skills in developing and executing marketing plans, from creating public awareness and education campaigns and managing website content and social media to supporting Development activities and Program education and Training events.
Duration: Mid-May to August, 2018. (Specific dates TBD)
Location: Government Center, Boston (T-stop)
Additional info: Paid contract position. No benefits.
- Develop content/maintain updates for multiple websites
- Develop and monitor compelling social media campaigns
- Support website changes and modifications to help improve the user experience
- Support SEO activities and Google ad campaigns
- Develop and/or support multi-media communications for Development, including email campaigns and events
- Assist in developing and staffing targeted events or conferences for our various Programs, such as Fatherhood Brunch, and Healthy Families Celebration Day
- Support collateral production and fulfillment for our public education campaigns, including “Not Even for a Minute”, explaining the dangers of leaving children alone in hot cars.
- Excellent research, writing, editing, and proofing skills
- Highly communicative and collaborative
- Works effectively with minimal direction
- Must be a current undergraduate or graduate student.
- Strong working knowledge of Social media
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with email campaign software, a plus
- Graphic design and Adobe Suite, a plus
About the Children’s Trust
The Children’s Trust is leading the movement to stop child abuse in Massachusetts. Since 1988, we have been dedicated to giving parents the tools and resources they need to build self-confidence and life-long skills to ensure children grow up safe and healthy. Named a Top 100 Women-Led Business by The Commonwealth Institute and The Boston Globe Magazine, our programs reflect our commitment to empower families at the earliest stages and prove that the vicious cycle of reoccurring abuse can be stopped. The Children’s Trust is a public-private partnership with the state of Massachusetts. #LetsStopChildAbuse #EnoughisEnough #StepUp4Kids
How to apply
Send cover letter and resume to:
Marketing and Communications Manager
The Children’s Trust
55 Court Street, 4th Floor
Boston, MA 02108