in honor of the great martin luther king, jr.
Fatherhood Initiative Coordinator
The Children’s Trust (CT) Fatherhood Initiative Coordinator is primarily responsible for providing technical assistance, support, and training to CT-funded programs concerning the development, implementation, and evaluation of efforts intended to specifically engage fathers in home-based coaching, parenting education and family support programs. The position requires knowledge and expertise in working with fathers, including young fathers, both in groups and individually. This position will be responsible for providing leadership and management to the statewide Fathers and Family Network programs. In addition, they will be responsible for coordinating all program activities for the Boston Fathers and Family Network site. The CT Fatherhood Initiative Coordinator will represent CT at state and national activities that support responsible fatherhood, support the mission of the Children’s Trust and best practices. This position is a member of the Program Unit team and will work on projects related to agency wide Fatherhood goals. This position is full-time, located at the CT office in Boston, and reports to the Deputy Director of Programs.
The CT Fatherhood Initiative Coordinator’s duties include but are not limited to:
- Working with funded programs, CT Program Unit, and the Healthy Families (HF) Massachusetts team to determine primary training and technical assistance and support needs as it relates to Fatherhood topics.
- Providing regular and ongoing fatherhood training and support to programs, both individual programs, as well as statewide.
- Procuring and overseeing contracts with appropriate vendors for fatherhood trainings as needed.
- Review and advise on CT HF program fatherhood plans for all sites.
- Work with CT, funded programs and HFM sites on development and implementation of fatherhood program policies.
- Work with CT and funded programs on the development and implementation promising and evidence based practices related to the Fatherhood Field.
- Develop and implement evaluation tools (i.e., Fathers Integration Guidelines) to distribute to CT funded programs focused on Fathering topics.
- Research and advise on newest fatherhood curriculum around father focused program models.
- Develop professional development opportunities to enhance and strengthening the skills and practice of fatherhood professionals.
- Partner with other CT Departments (Development, Communications etc.) to ensure the incorporation of fatherhood values and practices in all CT programs, grants and printed materials.
- Represent CT at external committees, as assigned.
- Other fatherhood family support duties as identified by CT.
- At least two years of experience working with fathers, preferably in the fields of family support, home based family support or parenting education. Experience working with young fathers (under 25 years) a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience in contract management and grants.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of the field of family support and strengths-based practice.
- Ability to work as part of a team and to take initiative.
- Experience in developing and facilitating training and technical assistance.
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Strong computer skills, including word processing and database skills (experience using Microsoft Office Suite preferred).
- Flexible and able to respond to change in the agency.
- Willing to travel across the state.
To apply, please visit MassCareers Job Opportunities.